The problem of insomnia affects so many of us, there is no wonder there is a separate industry catering to people who have sleep problems: doctors, sleeping pills, books, apps, videos, special gadgets that will help you to relax or measure your sleep patterns.
But before rushing to spend lots of money on the gadgets or visiting an expensive specialist, why not to try some simple tricks that will make it easier to fall asleep and, as a result, improve your wellbeing substantially?
Here are six simple ways to fall asleep faster without spending too much money or taking any drastic actions as suggested by Honestly Healthy:
- Hide your alarm clock – you would feel more relaxed if you don’t have to worry about counting number of hours left until next morning.
- Do not watch TV or use your electronic gadgets one hour before sleep – this would help your brain to relax as light exposure from electronic devices tricks your brain into thinking that it is still a daytime.
- Plan your next day – writing a to-do list for the next day will reduce your stress as you wouldn’t have to worry that you might miss an important task or two the next day.
- Use relaxation techniques – yoga, deep breathing exercises, meditation, or a warm shower will help your body to relax. For some people, praying would do the trick.
- Make your bedroom comfortable – buy a comfortable mattress (it doesn’t have too be an expensive one!) and make your room dark by drawing curtains.
- Don’t consume caffeine in the evening – you don’t want to feel more alert just before going to sleep. Instead, drink green tea or other healthy alternatives.
Hopefully, the above six actions will help you not only to fall asleep faster but also to have a deep and relaxing sleep. Why don’t you try them tonight and see if they work? At the end of the day, you will not lose your sleep over the cost of implementing these easy techniques.